Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the North Road. As a club, we promote a range of activities, usually, but not always, involving bikes in some form or other. We have group rides leaving from Hertford each weekend, as well as informal rides spread throughout the rest of the week, in addition to various races, mostly hosted in the summer months at Brickendon Village Hall. The Club circulates a monthly gazette, which has been in continuous circulation since 1903 and is included with membership. During the Winter we have an Annual Awards Night, along with a Christmas Lunch in December and usually a trip to a local pub following our Christmas 10 Time Trial to close the season.
If all that sounds like it’s something you’d be interested in, then the usual procedure is to join us for two or three rides (usually Sunday club runs or Saturday training rides) and meet a few of our other members. If you enjoy yourself, as we’re sure you will, then just come back to this page and download a membership form to take out on your next ride, along with a pen. Ask a couple of other riders to propose you and they’ll sign your form, which should then be sent to our Membership Secretary Peter Nunn (with a cheque if that’s how you’d like to pay). Email Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org for the postal address.
- Full Member £30.00
- Family Member £12.50
- Life Member £20.00 (Gazette Fee)
- Junior Member (16 to 18) £10.00 - please see our Junior Membership page
- By cheque, made out to North Road Cycling Club, sent to Peter Nunn (email Peter at email@example.com for the postal address).
- By direct bank transfer * email our Treasurer (see our Contacts page) for the account details
- By PayPal, to firstname.lastname@example.org * If using a credit card we do ask that you also pay the associated fee, which is £1.25 with a full membership fee, making the total of £31.25
Apply to join the club.
Taking up or returning to cycling?
Join us on a Sunday club run.
We meet at the station car park, on the corner of Beane Road opposite Hertford North station at 9.30 almost every Sunday, for a ride of 15 to 20 miles to a cafe and back.
There's more info in our Club Runs page,
If you're new to riding in a group, read our handy guide on how to stay safe.